The next EDAS AUCTION is on
SATURDAY APRIL 29th. 2017
in the Waratah Room at the rear of the
Whitehorse Council complex.
(389 Whitehorse Road NUNAWADING Opposite Harvey Norman Melway Ref. 48 G9)
The Auction runs from about 12.30pm
until all lots are sold.
Anyone registered vendor can sell* Anyone can buy
Anyone intending to sell must register their
intention to lodge 1, 2 or 3 boxes at the auction...
No more than three items per box of 10 lots
may carry a reserve price !
Simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request
Twice annually, EDAS stages the largest Fish and Plant Auctions in the state. The auctions take the place of the monthly meetings in April and October and are held on a Saturday afternoon in the Waratah Room at the Nunawading Arts Precinct, 389 Whitehorse Road Nunwading (opposite Harvey Norman.)
Dates are shown on the calendar page.
These are public auctions open to all comers and anyone can sell and anyone can buy*.
*A commission of 20% applies to all items sold, and to sell, a premium payment equal to a single membership is applied for non- members.
Items sold include fishes, plants, accessories and any item associated with fishkeeping. Prices are usually about half retail cost. Many rare and seldom seen species are often available.
Patrons can come and go at any time, fully licensed cafeteria operates throughout the afternoon.
The auctions are publicised widely and usually attract crowds well in excess of 120.
YOU MUST APPLY FOR REGISTRATION
OF 1, 2 OR 3 BOXES PRIOR TO THE AUCTION
Note no more than three items with a reserve in any one box !
Pre-Auction Day rules:-
1) To sell boxes at the auction prior written approval must be obtained.
2) Application to sell boxes must be made to the EDAS club secretary in writing (via e-mail or letter) and received one month prior to the date of auction.CLOSING DATE is APRIL 22nd. 2017 Your application must include the number of boxes you intend to submit for sale at auction ? (either 1, 2 or 3 boxes), and a contact email address. You will be notified of your registered boxes prior to April 25th.. All applicants will be permitted at least one box. Membership of whatever type, Family, Single,or Concessional entitles application for a maximum of three boxes.
3) In the event that applications for more than the maximum number of boxes (40 boxes) are received, the EDAS council will appoint individual/s to scale back applications.
4) Where required, the key factor that will be used to scale back individual applications are continuous years of membership of EDAS. Additional factors to consider include the quality of lots sold at previous auctions and the individuals contribution to club activities.
5) Applicants will be notified via email of the number of boxes they have been approved to sell at the auction. This notification will be approximately two weeks prior to the auction date and will contain the official seller's sheets required.
6) Remember: You must have applied and received approval for the number of boxes you submit for sale at the auction ? 1, 2 or 3.
Auction Day rules:-
1) Goods are sold in boxes of up to 10 lots in each box, accompanied by a single copy of the official AUCTION SELLER'S SHEET which will be emailed to you prior to April 25th.
2) Sellers may submit only up to their pre-approved number of boxes (1; 2 or 3). No more than THREE lots may be the same in each box. NO MORE THAN THREE LOTS MAY HAVE A RESERVE STIPULATED.
3) Boxes arriving after the start of the auction will only be permitted with the acceptance of the scrutineers. Boxes accepted after the auction start time may be sold LAST.
4) In the event of the stewards needing to rebag a lot a $2 fee may apply per lot.
5) All lots must be the property of the vendor ? No selling on behalf of others.
6) Each lot must be clearly labelled with identity and number of contents, reserve price if any, and lot number in the box. This must match the sellers sheet.
7) All box number 1's are sold before second boxes, and all box number 2's are sold before any box 3's are sold. Boxes accepted for sale after the start of the auction may not be sold in this sequence.
8) All vendors must arrange to have payouts and unsold lots, if any, collected on the day of the auction. We cannot store fish for later collection. Lots not collected within 15 minutes of the final sale of the auction will be forfeited to the club.
9) Vendors pay 20% commission on all sales and Non-members will need to pay a premium, equal to a single membership, presently $30, to sell items in the auction.
10) Fish must be in plastic bags - preferably without printing on them to allow easy viewing by scrutineers.
11) Lots will be sold in a manner at the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
Addicted2Fish Box 4190, Knox City Wantirna Sth,3152 0417 388 399
Age of Aquariums PO Box 1352 Browns Plain QLD 4118 07 3800 5592
Aquarium Industries Lot 21, Shirley Way, Epping. 3076 9409 9300
Aqua-Pics P O Box 2183,Fountain Gate, 3805 0425 710 943
Bunarong Aquarium 2/3Overport Road, Frankston 3199 9783 6083
Cichlid Press Aust. 79 King Drive Lancefield, 3435 5429 1516
Coburg Aquarium 222 Bell St, Coburg 3058 9354 5843
Eva Life Aquarium 3 Olsen St. Frankston 3199 9783 2204
Mad about Pets Mountain GateCentre Ferntree Gully 9758 8838 Nature Aquariums 723 Whitehorse Rd. Mont Albert 3127 9898 8432
New Life Aquarium 3 Lithgow St. Abbotsford 3067 9428 8721
Pet Pacific 10/ 7-11 Rocco Drive,Scoresby,3179 9764 9200 Subscape Aquarium 310-312 Victoria Street, R?mond, 3121 9427 0050
Upmarket Aquarium 442 Queen St. Melbourne , 3000 9600 9051
V and L Aquarium 259 High St, Preston.3072 9484 8877
EDAS relies on the generous support of - The Whitehorse City Council and members of the Aquarium trade, as listed above, for assistance. Please support our sponsors for the mutual benefit of club and dealer.